Spinning Many Plates
“His master replied, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master’s happiness!’ Matthew 25:21
If you are reading this, I’m sure that you too would love to hear the Lord Jesus say those words to you some day. We are all stewards of something. With what has the Lord entrusted you?
I was talking to a dear friend, whom I much admire. I was telling her that I have a desire to be a better steward to the things the Lord has called me to. I shared that I feel a bit overwhelmed at times. This friend of mine is the Lord’s steward to many, many things. She said that when she feels overwhelmed, like her many spinning plates are all about to crash, she simply goes to a list she created. This list prioritizes the many people and jobs that the Lord has called her to in stewardship. She can glance at each line and see if she has been faithful in that area which the Master had assigned her to. If not, then she knows exactly who or what needs her attention. If so, she can rest assured that her many plates are still spinning:)
I immediately made a list of my own. I am very visual, so it has already been most helpful to me. Take a peek below; I hope it is a help to you:)
I am a Steward of…..
1. Myself- I am the Temple of the Holy Spirit. I am to hold my flesh into subjection and take care of myself physically, mentally, and spiritually that I would be well and able to do the Lord’s work.
– this includes spending a great deal of time in fellowship with the Lord through study, prayer, and worship
– this includes healthy living
– this includes making sure I enjoy everyday life
2. My husband- I am to be his partner, his helper, and a blessing to him all the days of my life. I am to love him.
3. My children- I am to care for them. I am to train them in the fear and admonition of the Lord. I am to love them.
-this includes homeschooling
4. My home-planning meals, doing chores, being a wise steward of finances, decorating, organizing, etc. My home is to be a safe place for my family… A place of wonderful memories. It is also to be a place where outsiders are welcomed in the spirit of hospitality.
4. My friends, extended family, and church family- I am to serve, encourage, teach, work with, enjoy, and love them.
– this includes making room for fellowship
– this includes nursing home visits
– this includes my girls in youth
-this includes the women’s ministry
-this includes my CHEER responsibilities
5. I am to always be ready, in and out of season, to serve and share Christ with those that do not know Him.